Discover the wonderful world of champagnes
Discover | Amaze | Experience | Learn
Experience a handpicked selection of 4 different champagnes from the major houses and selected Grand Cru and Premier Cru champagnes from family-run establishments in exclusive restaurants at the Lindner Hotel, Niko’s Place. Learn what is behind the terms Millésime, Cuvée, Grand Cru, Premier Cru.
Be amazed, to learn that there is more than one style of champagne. Discover what you do not know yet.
Explore and experience, 4 different champagne styles from the three primary grape varieties used to elaborate champagnes, chardonnay, pinot noir and pinot meunier. Did you know that a Blanc de Blancs champagne is made exclusively from white grapes, which most of the time means that it is 100% chardonnay? And that a Blanc de Noirs champagne is made entirely from red grape varieties such as Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier? Some champagnes are single varietal, from a single grape variety, and others are blends of several grape varieties brought together to create a harmonious champagne, a complex whole.
Taste the specifities of these grape types through our rigorous selection of Premier Cru, Grand Cru and Grande Réserve champagnes. Savour the differences in house style, which defines the champagne’s character of each producer.
Go on a journey of the senses for three hours: feel the tingle, experience the fragrance, taste the noble aromas and learn all about the production and the 400 year history of champagne.
| centuries of pleasure
Always coordinated with the current champagnes, we serve a 4-course menu specially created for these champagnes with 4 delicacies that enrich the champagne experience.
Our selection of champagnes is unique on the island. Thus, four times a month we can offer a new program with new discoveries and menus.
course part 1
Introduction to the world of
- History of champagne
- Champagne production
- Growing areas and grape varieties
- Fermentation in the bottle
course part 2
Choosing the perfect champagne and serving it correctly
- Champagne Terms:
Grande Reserve, Grand Cru, Premier Cru, Millesime, Cuvee, etc.
- Understanding champagne labels correctly
- Champagne Tasting: see,
smell, taste, evaluate
Enjoyment part 3 hours
Champagne Pairing Menu
Much more than just an aperitif
- Prawn ceviche with avocado and warm potato foam- Champagne Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs Brut
- Gyozas filled with butifarron, Shi Take mushrooms and Chinese cabbage with curried pumpkin puree and sesame- Champagne Grande Réserve Brut
- Beef tataki with homemade fried bimis, salted potatoes, and its meat juice- Champagne Grand Cru Rosé Brut
- Catalan cream with frozen Sicilian coffee- Champagne Laurent Perrier
- Warm beef carpaccio with mushrooms, chives, ruccola and Parmesan-Champagne Grande Réserve Brut
- Grilled octopus with its potato cream, sautéed Pack Choy and white wine foam- Champagne Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs Brut
- Suckling pig terine with celeriac purée, sautéed snow peas and its meat juice- Champagne Grand Cru Rosé Brut
- Chocolate brownie with pineapple and coconut ice cream- Champagne Laurent Perrier
- Charred fresh goat cheese with beetroot and mustard seed caviar, saffron mayonnaise- Champagne Premier Cru Blanc de Blancs Brut
- Scallop with green pea puree, Chorizo powder and coffee air- Champagne Grand Cru Réserve Blanc de Blancs Brut
- Braised beef cheeks with creamy truffled potato purée, roasted vegetables, and mushrooms- Champagne Grand Cru Rosé Brut
- Belgian chocolate with nougat and orange- Champagne Laurent Perrier
34,000 hectares of vineyards
Big Houses & Small Treasures